Money often accounts for the worst disputes in marriage. Most of the people, currently married and divorced, would confirm that they have fought over money matters during their marital period. Of course, running the household together takes for a great deal of patience and co-operation from both the partners.
It is not a new thing that your wife wants a divorce because you do not spend enough money. On the other hand, women may think that their husband’s monetary habits are becoming a problem for them. She may want more for her household expenses and even some luxuries. In this friction of thoughts, it is difficult to look at things from an unbiased perspective. If you want to learn how to save your marriage, read these tips and follow them whole heartedly.
Relationship advice for women:
- Understand the difference between needs and wants – wants arise without any logical reason supporting them. What you want is different from what you need. Therefore, learn to differentiate between the two.
- Spend intelligently– you have fixed resources and thus you must spend it with care. Stop sending your money to futile channels and save for those big needs. The cancellation of a gym membership can help you buy a new microwave.
- Understand him- he is earning for you and family. He has to work hard to earn that money. There is no point spending it on something that you can’t afford.
- Divorce is not the solution– living alone is much difficult financially. Together you can manage finances better and your resources would be more. Just learn some money management.
Relationship advice for men:
- Maintain Transparency– make sure that you discuss your finances and be transparent about your income and expenses. Don’t hide anything.
- Give more freedom– give your wife more freedom in expenditure. She is an intelligent woman and would make sure that all your finances go to the right place.
- Make a fund for special occasions– there are many events like birthday parties and weddings where you have to go with a gift for the host. Keep aside a small amount of money every month for this purpose. This would double your savings and save you from any embarrassment.
- Avoid arguments– fighting is never the solution. Calm down, talk and let her know if you are in a financial fix. There are many more good things in marriage that are being spoilt by money. Focus on your priorities.